The title of Fellow of the Marine Biological Association, FMBA, was first awarded in 2014, following granting of a Royal Charter to the Marine Biological Association. The status of Fellow of the MBA is awarded in recognition of distinguished and long-term contributions to marine biology at the highest level, in areas that include research, policy, education, outreach, or professional and public service.
Once admitted as an MBA Fellow, the recipient is entitled to use the post-nominal of FMBA. The FMBA post-nominal is an internationally acknowledged indication of a person’s esteemed standing, the supreme accolade in the discipline of marine biology and shows sustained dedication to the subject area.
Members of the MBA are part of a dynamic and dedicated community working to promote research into all aspects of life in the sea. As well as supporting our work, MBA Fellowship offers you these exclusive benefits:
- Exclusive use of the post-nominal FMBA
- A framed certificate of distinction
- A lapel pin
- A tie slide & silver charm
- Access to an Experts Database of Marine Professionals
- The Marine Biologist Member's quarterly magazine
- Invitation to contribute to the development of the Association
- Opportunities to influence marine policy
- Apply for MBA Research Fellowships
- Huge savings on access to the Journal of the Marine Biological Association (JMBA)
- 20% discount to publish in the Journal of the Marine Biological Association (JMBA) NEW FOR 2022!
- Regular e-bulletin - updates with news, events, jobs and more
- Attend AGM and steer the future of marine biology
- Access to cross-category benefits
- Access to our online community
- Ability to mentor the next generation of marine biologists